Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing!"

I forgot to announce... that without me... the entire city of Jerusalem would have been left thinking it was 11:00 AM instead of 12:00. Brother Ohman is one of the official carrolin bell players at the big YMCA bell tower in downtown Jerusalem. And on Sunday I took the elevator to the very top of the tower. We had to use a key to make the elevator take us to the top! It was really neat. Lots of people played hymns on the bells. And when it was exactly 12:00 I got to be one of the bell chimers. Hence... had I not been there everyone would have though it was only 11.

My roommate, Megan, reminded me of the the Coldplay; Viva La Vida song it brought the lyrics a whole new meaning! The chorus is:

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

1 comment:

  1. my goodness. i just love that song! and good work on letting us know what time it was. my day would have been ruined w/o your help in that.

    ReplyDelete